Combat Zone Service

Did you know as a contractor serving in a combat zone that you may qualify for special tax relief? If you are a qualified contractor working in a combat zone, compliance actions with the IRS, such as audits or enforced collections, are delayed until 180 days after have left the combat zone. In addition, the deadline for filing tax returns, paying taxes, filing claims for refund and taking other actions with the IRS is automatically extended if you qualify.

If you are serving in a combat zone or a contingency operation in support of the Armed Forces, such as Red Cross personnel, accredited correspondents and civilian personnel acting under the direction of the Armed Forces in support of those forces, you may qualify.

If you are a contractor of the Armed Forces serving overseas in a combat zone – contact Tax Planner CPA for a free quote or consultation.

Tax Planner CPA is a team of Certified Public Accountants and Enrolled Agents with over 25 years of experience focusing exclusively on the taxation of US taxpayers living abroad. Our services include representing taxpayers working in combat zones. We maintain this knowledgebase where all articles are written by CPA’s, Enrolled Agents, or attorneys (Except for those on Expat Life – which have proven to be a popular read with fun facts on different cities!). Our main objective is to educate Americans abroad on their tax responsibilities, so that they can look for planning alternatives on time. They are also designed to help taxpayers looking to self prepare, providing specific tips and pitfalls to avoid. If you found this article helpful, you’ll likely benefit from our future ones as well – so we encourage you to avoid pitfalls and join our mailing list:

Tax Newsletters
Articles written by CPA's, EA's and Tax Attorneys, delivered to your inbox
* = required field

You can also request a no charge consultation by requesting a quote for our services here:

Or Speak to us live through the chat button on the bottom of your screen or by calling us at 1-855-TAX-2555.

Leave a Reply